Friday, August 26, 2005

Season of Hope



Preseason football, sigh. The off season was spent upgrading the defense, trading Randy Moss and selling the team.

Three games ito the preseason, the Vikes are 2 and 1. I'm still waiting to be impressed by the new and improved defense (it's better, but not great) and I shudder as a first team offense that seems to self destruct in the red zone.

But! It is the season of hope. We haven't played any games for real, and no one has uttered that foul phrase. "There's always next year."

Vikings fans have reason to hope. The hated Bears lost their QB for most of the season, but Rex will probably make it back for the last game of season and the Vikes will make him look like a super star.

The Lions are going with Joey Harrington as their QB. We continue to pray for Detroit's annual self-destruction.

Farve continues to lead the Pack, but he's a year older and the Cheese Head defense resembles Swiss Cheese.

I know I should listen to my buddy Brian, who admits, "I can't watch them. They drive me crazy."

If the season goes down the crapper again, maybe the new owners will fire Tice and company, and maybe, just maybe, they'll hire a real coach.

Ah, the season of hope--another blissful moment of self-deception.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home