Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Fear



I was listening to my Bible podcast yesterday. We're in Genesis these days. We all know the story that the serpent tempted Eve, and Adam was not bright enough to keep his mouth shut.

The LORD God dealt with Satan and mercifully expelled man kind from Eden and aay from the Tree of Life. You see that was grace. Had Adam and Eve partook of the Tree of Life, then they would be forever cursed with eternal life tainted by a corrupt and sinful nature.

They did eat fruit from the Tree of Knowledge, and the very first thing Adam admitted to the LORD was that he was afraid. One of the first products of sin is fear.

Perhaps that is why God gave us the eternal words: "Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me." [Psalm 23 v4]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home