Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Reflections


Weddings are a good time to take stock of what is important. We had such a moment in the life of our family this past weekend. My son married the love of his life on Saturday in a marvelous ceremony.

Pastor Don delivered an excellent message. He spoke of the begiining and end of days. Ben and Annie have embarked on their new life together, and should Jesus tarry, they will end it many years from now.

Most of us are in the middle years of that journey. We have our ups and and downs, failures and successes. It is the middle journey that can be so difficult and we all know of people who have slipped away from one another.

It is so vitally important that in the busy time of career, family, and kids that couples remember who their best friend truly is. It is a struggle to keep that flame kindled. There are many things pulling us away from the love of our first days. I can easily say that the love of my life, the woman I asked to marry me 30 years ago on Christmas Eve is also my very very best friend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home