Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Range Day


My neighbor (we'll call him Rambo) wanted to try out some different hand guns to figure out which one he liked the best. So I loaded up an assortment of .45 and 9mm pistols for him to try out.
I did my best to keep my bias out of the mix, although, there were 2 Glocks in the mix. I carry Glocks exclusively.
He worked his way through the auto loaders, then I gave him a .357 Magnum revolver to try. Wheel guns might not be sexy anymore, but they still deliver the goods. Rambo liked the muzzle blast and the flames licking out of the cylinder.
Rambo had a good time. He looked over at the black nylon case. I pulled out a UZI and eight magazines. Oh, he had to try that!
I mentioned I needed to test one other gun as I had changed the stock and wanted to make sure this thing behaved the way I intended.
"What is it?" asked Rambo.
"A Mossberg 590 with an adjustable stock, pistol grip, ghost ring sights and a seven round magazine."
His eyes twinkled.
"Birdshot?" he wondered as I loaded the magazine.
"No, rifled slugs," I answered. The whole reason for the Mossberg is to put an end to nasty problems.
"Rifle slugs! I've got to try those."
I ran through the magazine as fast as I could to make sure everything fed okay. Then I loaded it up for Rambo and let him have at it.
You see a Mossberg modified like this loaded with rifle slugs goes bang real loud, makes really big holes down range and produces a silly grin.
Rambo was hooked.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home