Sunday, June 25, 2006

New gadgets



I received a new gadget for the gun locker. A ballistic chronograph wrapped up as a birthday present.

I got things together for a Saturday excursion to the range. Along the way, I purchased a tripod for the Chrony. When asked why I didn't use the camera tripod, I mumbled something about my bride being upset if I accidentally shot the tripod. Somehow I don't think lead and aluminum mix at point blank range, and as my friend Ray says, "We know a lot about missing."

So I set up everything. Started shooting, recorded the results in a spreadsheet on my PDA. I did notice that when I moved to the .44 Magnum that the Chrony quivered from the muzzle blast.

Now that I have real results, I can compare the .45 GAP to the .45 ACP. I think with a little work, my .45 GAP recipe will match the .45 ACP.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home