Monday, March 19, 2007

Gee Thanks


Uncle Sam sent me the little flyer telling what a great job he is doing for me on my Social Security Account. The mythical pile of money languishing in a federal vault.
He explained that I've salted away $175,000. Well whoopee-ding!
Uncle Sam is doing the equivalent of hiding my pile of loot under the mattress, but then he knows best. Were he let me invest my loot, then based on the rule of seven, in 2014 I would have $350,000 and by 2021 a tidy $700,000, and in 2028 a whopping $1,400,000.
Instead, we'll leave it under the mattress (thanks to gang running congress these days).
Uncle was kind enough to add that if I am still fogging the mirror in 2040, then all bets are off. I guess that's what the hubbub about universal health care is about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home