Sunday, June 22, 2008

sab ipod icon



My Ipod just quit in the midst of a Jars of Clay Album. Terrific! My iTunes library is 1300 miles to the north, so let's see what Apple Support says.
I went through the steps on the support site, when that didn't work (i.e. my Ipod just stared at me with a fully charged battery and a very dim screen). I Googled for help.
Now this is something they don't tell you on the Apple Support site. Try tapping the Ipod on its side. You see we are trying to get to the disk reset screen. Note we ae talking about smashing the thing, just a gentle tap.
Now I thought about this for a while. There's a little disk drive deep inside this thing, and in the old days when disk platter thickness was measured in millimeters and head crashes left visible marks, you could sometimes get a reluctant disk drive to spin up again by tapping on it. This is akin to using a hammer on a seized starter motor on a car.
She came back to life, but I'll heed the warning. It is time to invest in a new generation Ipod.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home