Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Take me to your Leader




Twenty years ago, the Dukakis campaign was taking measurements for the new curtains in the Oval Office. They were telling us about the changes they planned to make around the WHite House.

One problem, they lost to Vice President Bush in November 1988.

One of the most telling images from that campaign was Governor Dukaksis trying to look tough, so he took a tank ride. He reminded me of the Martian from the Bugs Bunny cartoons. Dukaksis looked like a nerd and I think people never took him serious after the tank photo.
Senator Obama (or Barry as some of us call him) could not take time to visit injured troops in Germany.
Why?
Because the Pentagon said no to turning this into another spectacle for the slobbering press gaggle, dogging his steps. So he decided to go to the gym and work out.
Today, the Obama campaign is fond of telling us that they plan to rip out the White House bowling alley and replace it with a basket ball court. I wonder if they are measuring the curtains?
I know of a wounded Marine who was flown to Germany and was probably at the military hospital at the same time Barry decided to forego his visit to the wounded troops. This Marine is 19 years old. He lost his leg below the knee. His parents reached out in prayer to other people. They thanked God when they heard that their son's conidtion had been upgraded to serious from very serious. There were a couple of days where they had no idea exactly what was going on.
I cannot imagine their pain and worry.
Barry did not have time to visit. No photo op, no Barry. I think this was Barry's tank ride.
I think I'll go vomit now.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home