Saturday, December 24, 2005

Merry Christmas


It occurred to me at our Christmas Eve service that in heaven people will wish one another a Merry Christmas. They won't worry about Kwanza or mumble out a politically correct , "Happy Holidays." No, they'll say Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday and Prince of Peace and Mighty God and all those other socially unacceptable terms.

The thought police are at it again. Now they want to take away Christmas like the White Witch in Narnia. This Christmas Season I have gone out of my way to wish people a Merry Christmas. I have crossed out Happy Holidays from my voabulary.

Christmas is my favorite time of the year. In less than a hour my trusty black lab, Ripley (St. Ripplous for the occaision) and I will stuff stockings. There are ones for Jada, Amanada, Dan, Amy , Annie, Ben, Cathy and me. I plan to read Luke 2: 25-31 before we open presents. This is passage where Simeon beholds the Christ child at the temple.

You see Christmas is about a promise kept. The one made in the Garden of Eden. God sent his SON to save us from our sins. I don't know any better present than that.

So Merry Christmas, and bah humbug to all those other politically correct greetings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home