Sunday, January 01, 2006

A Real Dog


You might think the real dog in this picture is the black lab. Actually it is the Westie.

Her name was Belle, BooBoo, ShuggyBear. She died from a cancer on December 30.

She had been in our family for 13 years. A good long life for a dog. But it is oh so hard to say good-bye.

In better days, she chased down chipmonks and squirrels. More than once she got into a fight under the deck she is standing on. Eventually she emerged bloodied and dirtied, but we all knew she had given better than she got. At other times, she was on patrol, barking at shadows, mailmen and other dogs.

I don't have any theological basis or Biblical support for my belief that best friends like Belle go to some kind of heaven. When Jesus takes me to heaven, I believe I will see other believers and some old best friends.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well put. Animals are truly a big part of any family and, as the proud "awesome" auntie of Belle, I will miss her a lot.

9:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home